Extensions can be an amazing thing to add to your hair. Whether it’s to add length, volume, or a pop of colour; the options are endless. However, after making the big decision to change up your hairstyle you’re faced with the even bigger decision of what kind? There are a few different options when selecting extensions for example;
This is a method where a small section of you hair is pulled through a bead that is attached to a small piece of extension and clamped shut.
· Since the strands are individual strands, the movement of hair looks more natural. This also means they’re easier to hide when putting your hair up in any way.
· There is no heat or glue needed.
· They can last up to 6 months if properly cared for.
· The hair is reusable and any strands that slips or falls out can be fixed.
· This is a timely method and depending on the amount of hair can take anywhere from 2-4 hours to install.
· The beads tend to slip more easily compared to other methods.
This is where the extensions is applied using double sided polyurethane tape. The extensions are about 1 inch in width and are sandwiched with your hair in between.
· Fastest application only 45-60 minutes
· Panels lay flat so they are virtually undetectable
· Safest method as weight is distributed out on a larger panel.
· Reusable and usually last 6-8 weeks.
· Can’t wash hair or excessivley sweat for 24-48 hours after installation.
· any oil or silicone based product directly on the adhesive can cause slipping.
This is the process where a weft, similar to that of clip in extensions, is placed in the hair and small strands of your hair are grabbed from behind and under the weft with a bead clamped around them securing the weft in place.
· Fast installation, usually 60 minutes.
· Can add a lot of volume and length.
· One of the cheaper options.
· Can last 3-6 months if properly cared for
· Harder to hide the wefts when styling hair up.
· have to get them moved up every 6 weeks.
· if left a long duration of time without being moved up they can mat.
These are wefts of hair with clips that are put in and taken out daily.
· Greater versatility as you can put in and take out hair as needed.
· non-commitment, you can change your colour and style more often.
· Hair can be taken out without going to the salon.
· low maintence.
· cheapest option.
· last 6 months to a year if cared for properly.
· Must be removed before bed.
· Hard to hide with thin hair, can be too bulky or heavy for thin hair.
· Have to be put upside down to wear high hairstyles.